Tutoring and Buddy
The University of Turin has renewed its incoming tutor programme, a service supporting to first year students.
The tutors are students enrolled in their last year, who help the incoming students on their way to university studies by providing them their experience and skills: they are reference points throughout students' academic year.
Tutors are available for incoming students for initial guidance in their academic career, not only for administrative matters or other formal or administrative requirements, but also by providing useful advice based on their university experience.
The tutors are available to give information and support on:
- Educational organization, lectures timetable, offices , laboratories, study rooms
- Installments and information on ISEE
- administrative deadlines
- How to fill in the online "Career Plan" and evaluation of courses (Edumeter)
- How to use the University websites and other information channels
- Erasmus and International Mobility
- Scholarships, collaboration agreements, internships
- Communication with teachers and Students offices (segreterie)
- Students associations, sport and cultural events.
Tutor: Alessia Sabato
Buddy Project provides international students, upon request, with a person who:
- supports you on the most urgent issues on you arrival at Torino (housing, University, UniTO website, administrative procedures)
- comes with you to the University offices to help you carrying out administrative procedures
- shows you the main University facilities and buildings (offices, rooms, administration, restaurants, libraries, teachers' rooms).
If you need more information and to get in touch with a buddy, contact email@example.com.
Read more about Buddy project – Do you need suppor-TO?
Do you want to become a freshmen tutor?
If you are a second or third year student and you want to become a Freshmen tutor, you can participate to the call for applications that the University of Turin publishes every year for part-time collaborations for tutoring activities.
Every year information about the call is published on the University of Turin portal, at the "Part-time collaborations" section. The call is also advertised on the homepage of this website and the dedicated slideshow.