Academic year 2022/2023
- Course ID
- Kirsten Struve (Lecturer)
Gertrud Elisabeth Kaiser (Tutor)
Bettina Irene Richter Von Spreckelsen (Tutor)
- 2nd year
- Teaching period
- Course disciplinary sector (SSD)
- L-LIN/14 - language and translation - german
- Type of examination
- Written and oral
- Before starting the course GERMAN LANGUAGE, there are no specific requirements for the knowledge of the German language. The basic knowledge of grammatical terminology will be introduced in the preparatory tutor courses. For the official course (Plenaria) the knowledge of grammatical terminology is required. It is recommended to reach the level A2+ of the common European Framework of Reference after the preparatory tutor courses.
Sommario del corso
Students must reach the B1 level of language proficiency (written and oral).
The German Language Course consists of two parts.
The first part consists of language exercises with mother tongue teachers, which take place in the first term. Students are divided into three groups based on the linguistic level of entry.
The student's language level is ascertained by means of a test that will take place online.
In the second and third terms the student must attend the official course held by the teacher. The course is devoted to the structures of the German sentence and the economic, financial and legal lexicon.
In order to be admitted to the final exam, it is necessary to have attended the official course.
Results of learning outcomes
After the course GERMAN LANGUAGE, structured in preparatory tutor courses with beginners and advanced levels and an institutional course on an advanced level with specific vocabulary, the results will correspond to level B1+ of the Common European Framework of Reference. As to say, students will be able to understand texts with economic topics on a medium level, they will be able to apply their knowledge in new contexts on a basic level, students will be able to write well constructed texts and to express their own opinion referred to simple topics of economic and social interest, students will be able to discuss about easy economic topics and topics about current events. Students will be able to undertake individual research on a basic level.
A written test will take place after the tutor courses, and after the institutional course (Plenaria) is scheduled first a written exam and after (on consdition that students have passed the written exam) an oral exam.
The course includes the acquisition of basic grammatical skills (phonology, morphology, syntax and vocabulary) up to the B1/B2 level of the CEFR.
During the official course the language of economics will be introduced.
Students who regularly attend the exercises will be able to take one final test that will contribute to forming the final grade (credit: 1).
Those who do not attend the exercises will not have the credit.
Students are reminded that it is highly recommended to follow the language exercises.
The official course with the teacher includes a written exam and an oral exam on the course contents.
Learning assessment methods
Lessons and exercises with native teachers during the first term.
Official course with the lecturer on the second and third terms.
In addition to the official German language course, students will have to attend the lessons taught by the native instructors. These lessons will be necessary and mandatory in order to prepare in a better way the written exam.
Suggested readings and bibliography
- Im Beruf neu B1+/B2 Kursbuch
- Year of publication:
- Annette Müller, Sabine Schlüter
- Il libro di testo viene completato dal libro di esercizi "Im Beruf neu B1+/B2 Arbeitsbuch" ISBN 9-783192 111907.
- Grammatik aktiv
- Year of publication:
- Friederike Jin, Ute Voß
- a scelta della docente/ teacher's choice
- si raccomanda l'acquisto della grammatica per approfondire gli argomenti grammaticali/it's highly recommended to use this grammar for a good preparation for the tests and for the written final exam
For the courses of the first term (preparatory courses)/Per i tutorati: Motive A1-B1, Kursbuch e Arbeitsbuch anno pubblicazione 2015/16, casa editrice Hueber, autori Willfried Krenn, Herbert Puchta.
For the course of the second/third term (official course): Im Beruf neu B1+/B2 Kursbuch anno pubblicazione 2017, casa editrice Hueber, autrici Annette Müller, Sabine Schlüter.
- Enrollment opening date
- 15/08/2021 at 00:00
- Enrollment closing date
- 31/05/2022 at 23:55